Monday 6 October 2014

Makeup Revolution Reckless Lipstick

Hi everyone! It's been a really long time since I've posted but I'm back from Australia having had an amazing few months. 

Since I've been back I've began training in beauty therapy. I've almost finished my level 2 and have recently started my level 3. As well as training in basic manicures I also did a Shellac course. Being hugely interested in beauty I feel like I've finally found my calling in life.


Ask anyone who knows me - I am obsessed with red lipstick. I have almost every shade under the sun but I will rarely buy a lipstick under £5. Call me a snob, but I do believe you get what you pay for.

However on the way to meet a friend one day I realised in my rush to get out of the front door having woken up 2 hours late I had left my lipstick on my dresser! So I did the only thing I could think of - I went into Superdrug to purchase yet another red lipstick. I simply could not go the whole day without reapplying when it wore away, and taking it off completely and going without is never an option.

As I was browsing I came across a name I hadn't seen before "Makeup Revolution" which is very similar in pricing to MUA.
Naturally the first thing my eyes went to was the lipstick. More specifically what looked to be a beautiful dark red shade. Just what I have been looking for recently with Autumn and Winter rapidly coming upon us.


The packaging is fairly simple, black with Makeup Revolution written on the side in gold. The end shows what the colour inside should look like. My only issue is that the lid doesn't stay on. I've not had any issues with lipstick covering everything in my bag as of yet but it isn't ideal.


The lipstick itself is a gorgeous colour. I would call this colour a dark red or raspberry and is very pigmented. The picture below is just one layer. The texture is very creamy which means applying it straight to the lips with clean lines is a bit of a challenge. I fully recommend applying this with a lip brush, although I use Barry M's eyebrow brush (£2.99 from Superdrug) as I love the super straight edges you can get with it.




The last of this lipstick is not what you'd expect. While it doesn't last as long as maybe a lipstick from Mac, or even Rimmel, for £1 you get more wear than you'd think though you should expect to have to top it up after eating or drinking. 

Overall, this is a nice purse friendly alternative to your usual drugstore brands and I'd definitely be willing to give more of them a try! 



No comments:

Post a Comment