Monday 20 January 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Peche Cosy 03/Revlon Lip Butter 027 & 080

On Saturday I'm off to Australia for a year. England's winter is their summer so I've been attempting to make all of my purchases Summer friendly. 




I've never tried Bourjois lipsticks before, and I never really had any intention to until Boots had a buy one get one half price offer on their products (this was bought alongside a blush for my mum). 

Peche Cosy is a lovely pale peach colour. It's definitely a Spring/Summer colour and one that you could pull off effortlessly everyday, regardless of what you're wearing. 


I find to get any proper colour out of this it takes at least two coats and it doesn't have amazing staying power either so I'd say at £7.99 it might not be the most purse friendly lipstick if you were planning on using it often.

 The other thing I'm not particularly keen on with this particular lipstick is if you have any kind of chapping or dryness on your lips it will show. You definitely need to exfoliate before using this unless it's the look you're going for! 



Boots recently had an offer on Revlon's Colourburst Lip Butters, at 2 for £10 I couldn't turn this down considering normally I'd be paying £7.99 each. 

They have a fairly wide range of these now and I ended up purchasing "Strawberry Shortcake" and "Juicy Papaya". Again these are two really nice colours that would be great for a summers day.


On the right is Juicy Papaya and on the left is Strawberry Shortcake. The packaging on this is really nice.


I am quite impressed at how well the colour of the lid matches the colour of the lipstick! 

The great thing about these is they aren't exactly a lipstick, but aren't really a lip balm. They are somewhere in the middle. If you want a tint you only need to apply one coat, and if you want more of a colour you can just build it up until you're happy. The staying power of these wasn't as terrible as I had expected it to be and they are really nice and moisturising.


On the left is Strawberry Shortcake and on the left is Juicy Papaya.

I'm going to be quite interested to see how these hold up under the Australian Summer heat as I really can see them melting more than regular lipstick does (the Spanish heat wasn't kind to my makeup bag for some reason...).

Do you have a favourite shade from Bourjois or Revlon? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment