Thursday 9 January 2014

Topshop Spilled Milk Nail Varnish

Impulse buying is a terrible habit of mine, and when I was in Topshop recently picking up an online order I found myself browsing the make up section. Ever since I saw Kim Kardashian sporting white nails I've wanted to give the colour a go myself, so was presented the perfect opportunity to not only purchase a white nail varnish for £5, but give the Topshop ones a try. 


I fully expected to have to apply about ten layers to get an opaque colour from this, but was pleasantly surprised to find I only needed to put on three. 

I did try and neaten my nails up around the edges but I'm no nail artist.




I'm completely nuts for anything with polka dots so I added some using Models Own nail art pen in black which cost £6 from Boots. These are great for anybody like myself who isn't fantastic at nail art since they're so easy to use. If you pull the cap off you have a nib great for more intricate designs or polka dots. If you unscrew the cap you'll find a brush which works well for making lines or stripes! They come in a variety of different colours too. For the full range check out the models own website.


I used Elegant Touch Rapid Dry For Nails to speed up the drying process. I highly recommend this product, I bought it for £3.05 from Boots and it really works. This is the first fast dry spray I've tried and it's worth paying for especially if you haven't got ages to wait around.

White nail varnish is great for a bold look, and will look fab in the summer! This has definitely convinced me to try some of the other Topshop nail colours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment